Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Very funny; causing great merriment and laughter.
- a hilarious joke
- Full of hilarity; merry.
- 1944, Douglas Stewart, A Girl with Red Hair, and Other Stories, page 60:
- Rounding up the animals in the misty paddocks, with the blackbirds singing as the morning whitened, he felt hilarious, light-headed. He'd clap the cows on their rumps and shout "Come along, there! Come along there, me Irish darlint."
- 1863, Sheridan Le Fanu, The House by the Churchyard
- Cold Doctor Pell here refused a very considerable fee. He could on occasion behave handsomely; but I can't learn that blustering, hilarious Doctor Rogerson ever refused his.
- See also Thesaurus:funny
very funny; causing great merriment and laughter