Jump to navigation Jump to search
homothetic (not comparable)
- (mathematics, geometry) for a geometric figure that is the image of another figure under an homothety.
- (mathematics) of a function of two or more variables in which the ratio of the partial derivatives depends only on the ratio of the variables, not their value
- (economics) in which the ratio of goods demanded depends only on the ratio of their prices
- the relationship of a microcosm to a macrocosm
According to the extension of Wu wei theory, ordering the Chinese Emperor's palace is governing the country well: the palace is an homothetic reproduction of the country.
math: of a type of function
economics: depending on the ratio of prices
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked