Jump to navigation Jump to search
Gerund of the verb to ice.
- A sweet glaze made primarily of sugar and often flavored, typically used for baked goods; frosting.
- (ice hockey) A minor violation of ice hockey rules, occurring when a player shoots the puck from his/her side of the red line so that it crosses the goal line on the opponent's side. A team playing short-handed is not penalized for this.
- The process of forming a layer of ice on a surface.
- (aviation, meteorology) Conditions conducive to the formation of ice on aircraft surfaces; icing conditions.
- The Cessna pilots reported that moderate icing was present between 13,000 and 4,000 feet in the cloud layers.
- → Swedish: icing
sweet glaze used for baked goods
minor violation of ice hockey rules
process of forming a layer of ice
From the verb to ice.
|Declension of icing|