Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (of a route, terrain, etc.) Incapable of being passed over, crossed, or negotiated.
- 1960 December, “Talking of Trains: The railway and the Devon floods”, in Trains Illustrated, page 709:
- [...] at Cowley Bridge Junction, east of Exeter, both lines were impassable from about 1.30 p.m.—the first flooding of the junction for 36 years—and by the evening the water had risen two-thirds of the way up the platforms at St. Davids as Exeter faced its worst flooding for 60 years.
- (of an obstacle) Incapable of being overcome or surmounted.
- (of currency) Not usable as legal tender.
incapable of being passed over, crossed, or negotiated
impassable (plural impassables)