Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Not personal; not representing a person; not having personality.
- An almighty but impersonal power, called Fate. –Sir J. Stephen.
- Lacking warmth or emotion; cold.
- She sounded impersonal as she gave her report of the Nazi death camps.
- (grammar, of a verb or other word) Not having a subject, or having a third person pronoun without an antecedent.
- The verb “rain” is impersonal in sentences like “It’s raining.”
not representing a person
lacking warmth or emotion
impersonal m (oblique and nominative feminine singular impersonale)
- (grammar) impersonal
impersonal m, f (plural impersonales)