Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: implémentation
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˌɪmplɪmənˈteɪʃn/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˌɪmpləmɛnˈteɪʃən/, IPA(key): /ˌɪmpləmənˈteɪʃən/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -eɪʃən
- The process of moving an idea from concept to reality. In business, engineering and other fields, implementation refers to the building process rather than the design process.
- Now that the requirements are complete we can move on to implementation.
- 1962 October, Brian Haresnape, “Focus on B.R. passenger stations”, in Modern Railways, page 252:
- The Group has recently concentrated on two main objectives, the implementation of a Code of Practice on minor station improvements and the preparation of a stock list of approved items of equipment for railway stations.
- (electronics) A result of implementing something; a finished product, system or device.
- His implementation works, but it needs some fine-tuning.
process of moving an idea from concept to reality
result of implementing something