Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- In the position ahead. Often with of.
- The leader, Jones, is well in front.
- Hughes is in front of Smith, but behind Jackson.
- In the position where it can be seen.
- Put your hands in front of you, on the desk.
- In the position opposite.
- Sit in front of the computer.
- In the position nearest.
- Put your book in front where it will be easier to reach.
- In the most forward position.
- This car will seat two people in front and three in the back.