Jump to navigation Jump to search
- encreasingly (obsolete)
Audio (US) (file)
increasingly (not comparable)
- Increasing in amount or intensity.
- 1968, Carl Ruhen, The Key Club, Scripts, page 15:
- Sydney is a fast city, and the pace is becoming increasingly more frantic.
- 1981, William Irwin Thompson, The Time Falling Bodies Take to Light: Mythology, Sexuality and the Origins of Culture, London: Rider/Hutchinson & Co., page 161:
- As more and more people moved behind the increasingly larger walls, the fortress settlement evolved into the walled city.
- 2011 September 2, Phil McNulty, “Bulgaria 0-3 England”, in BBC:
- Rooney had been suffered a barren spell for England with only one goal in 15 games but he was in no mood to ignore the gifts on offer in front of an increasingly subdued Bulgarian support.
increasing in amount or intensity