Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Having a bad reputation; disreputable; notorious; unpleasant or evil; widely known, especially for something scornful.
- He was an infamous traitor.
- She is infamous for perjury.
- 2014, “Little Green Men”: A Primer on Modern Russian Unconventional Warfare, Ukraine 2013–2014, Fort Bragg, North Carolina: The United States Army Special Operations Command, page 43:
- These infamous little green men appeared during the decisive seizures or buildings and facilities, only to disappear when associated militias and local troops arrived to consolidate the gains. In this way they provided a measure of deniability—however superficial or implausible—for Moscow.40
- Causing infamy; disgraceful.
- This infamous deed tarnishes all involved.
- (Britain, historical) Subject to a judicial punishment that deprived the infamous person of certain rights; this included a prohibition against holding public office, exercising the franchise, receiving a public pension, serving on a jury, or giving testimony in a court of law.
having a bad reputation