Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- The act of inflaming, kindling, or setting on fire.
- The state of being inflamed
- (medicine) A condition of any part of the body, consisting of congestion of the blood vessels, with obstruction of the blood current, and growth of morbid tissue. It is manifested outwardly by redness and swelling, attended with heat and pain.
- (archaic) Violent excitement; heat; passion; animosity; turbulence.
- an inflammation of the mind, of the body politic, or of parties
- See also Wikisaurus:inflammation
Terms derived from inflammation
act of inflaming, kindling, or setting on fire; also, the state of being inflamed
inflammation f (plural inflammations)