Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Tending to inflame or provoke somebody.
- Sam posted an inflammatory comment to the newsgroup.
- Causing or caused by inflammation.
- 2013 July-August, Stephen P. Lownie, David M. Pelz, “Stents to Prevent Stroke”, in American Scientist:
- As we age, the major arteries of our bodies frequently become thickened with plaque, a fatty material with an oatmeal-like consistency that builds up along the inner lining of blood vessels. The reason plaque forms isn’t entirely known, but it seems to be related to high levels of cholesterol inducing an inflammatory response, which can also attract and trap more cellular debris over time.
tending to inflame or provoke
causing or caused by inflammation
inflammatory (plural inflammatories)
- Any material that causes inflammation