inflexible + -ness
- The quality or state of being inflexible
- Synonyms: inflexibility, rigidity, firmness
- Obstinacy of will or temper; firmness of purpose that will not yield to importunity or persuasion; unbending pertinacity.
- “inflexibleness” in Noah Webster, An American Dictionary of the English Language, volume I (A–I), 1st edition, New York, N.Y.: Published by S. Converse; printed by Hezekiah Howe, New Haven, 1828, OCLC 999480247.
- inflexibleness in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913