Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Rhymes: -eɪd
- simple past tense and past participle of
inlaid (not comparable)
- (of a design) Set into a surface in a decorative pattern.
- (of the surface of an item) Having an inset decorative pattern.
- 1994, Tom Clancy, Armored Cav: A Guided Tour of an Armored Cavalry Regiment, New York: Berkley Books, →ISBN, page 281:
- When the Minister of Defense was about to raise an elegantly worded, logical, and tactful objection, the French president slammed down his bottle of Perrier on the antique, polished, inlaid surface of the cabinet table and told him to shut up and have the men at the airfield in two hours.