Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The act or process of insinuating; a creeping, winding, or flowing in.
- The act of gaining favor, affection, or influence, by gentle or artful means; — formerly used in a good sense, as of friendly influence or interposition.
- The art or power of gaining good will by a prepossessing manner.
- That which is insinuated; a hint; a suggestion, innuendo or intimation by distant allusion
- slander may be conveyed by insinuations.
act of gaining favor, affection, or influence, by gentle or artful means
a suggestion or intimation by distant allusion
- insinuation in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.
- insinuation in The Century Dictionary, New York, N.Y.: The Century Co., 1911.
insinuation f (plural insinuations)