Jump to navigation Jump to search
- enspect (rare)
- To examine critically or carefully; especially, to search out problems or determine condition; to scrutinize.
- Inspect the system for leaks.
- To view and examine officially.
- The general inspected the troops and their barracks.
- 1963, Margery Allingham, chapter 6, in The China Governess:
- ‘[…] I remember a lady coming to inspect St. Mary's Home where I was brought up and seeing us all in our lovely Elizabethan uniforms we were so proud of, and bursting into tears all over us because “it was wicked to dress us like charity children”. […]’.
- (to examine critically or carefully): See Thesaurus:examine
examine critically, scrutinize
view and examine officially