- Protected from heat, cold, noise etc, by being surrounded with an insulating material.
- Placed or set apart.
- an insulated house or column
- De Quincey
- the special and insulated situation of the Jews
- (of an electrically conducting material) Isolated or separated from other conducting materials, or sources of electricity.
- Early insulated wires were covered in silk rather than plastic.
- (astronomy, dated) Situated at so great a distance as to be beyond the effect of gravitation; said of stars supposed to be so far apart that the effect of their mutual attraction is undetectable.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of C. A. Young to this entry?)
- simple past tense and past participle of