Jump to navigation Jump to search
insulting (comparative more insulting, superlative most insulting)
- Containing insult, or having the intention of insulting.
- He received an insulting letter.
containing insult, or having the intention of insulting
insulting (plural insultings)
- The act of giving insult.
- a. 1678 (date written), Isaac Barrow, “(please specify the chapter name or sermon number). Of a Peacable Temper and Carriage”, in The Works of Dr. Isaac Barrow. […], volume (please specify |volume=I to VII), London: A[braham] J[ohn] Valpy, […], published 1830–1831, →OCLC:
- grievous reproaches, and scornful insultings over him in his affliction
- 1689, Thomas Smith, diary:
- Many were the outragings and insultings of the Indians upon the English while Sir Edmund Andros was Governor.