intercity (not comparable)
- That connects cities with other cities.
- 2013 June 1, “Ideas coming down the track”, in The Economist, volume 407, number 8838, page 13 (Technology Quarterly):
- A “moving platform” scheme […] is more technologically ambitious than maglev trains even though it relies on conventional rails. Local trains would use side-by-side rails to roll alongside intercity trains and allow passengers to switch trains by stepping through docking bays.
- I plan to catch an intercity train, or bus.
that connects cities one with another
intercity (plural intercities)
- Something that runs between cities, such as a railroad.