Jump to navigation Jump to search
intermodal (not comparable)
- Relating to more than one mode of transport.
- an intermodal station which provides transfers between buses and trains
- 2019 October, Steve Stubbs, photo caption, “New GBRf intermodal service”, in Modern Railways, page 20:
- Boxes from Southampton: In September, GB Railfreight began a new intermodal service from Solent Stevedores to Manchester. [...] This is the third daily working GBRf offers serving Southampton and GBRf's 17th intermodal service to date; it runs five days per week.
- When discussing freight, intermodal usually refers to land/sea containers.
Relating to more than one mode of transport
intermodal (plural intermodales)