Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /ɪnˈvɑl.ənˌtɛ.ɹi/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ɪnˈvɒl.ən.tɹi/
- Hyphenation: in‧vol‧un‧ta‧ry
- Without intention; unintentional.
- Not voluntary or willing; contrary or opposed to explicit will or desire; unwilling.
- He found himself the involuntary witness in the trial.
- (without intention): inadvertent, unintended; see also Thesaurus:unintentional
- (not voluntary): unbewised, unvoluntary; see also Thesaurus:compulsory
without intention; unintentional
not voluntary or willing
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked