Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Rhymes: -ʌpʃən
- The action of irrupting or breaking into; a violent entry or invasion; an inbreaking; an intrusion.
- The Trojan irruption into the Greek camp is related in Book XV of the Iliad.
- (ecology) An abrupt increase of an animal population.
- Extreme rainfall events predict irruptions of rat plagues in central Australia.
- (by extension) An abrupt increase in the size of a movement or organization.
- How can we explain this irruption of young people self-identifying as socialists?
action of irrupting
irruption f (plural irruptions)