- Overgrown with ivy or another climbing plant.
- 1951, Sinclair Lewis, World So Wide, Chapter 4, 
- […] he was broodingly unable to see even the most ivied tower as anything but a pile of stones till, inexplicably, the miracle of recovered hope and courage transformed him.
- 1987, Eugene Goodheart, Pieces of Resistance (page 188)
Even a place as innocent and unsqualid as the ivied Wesleyan University in Connecticut provokes contempt […]
- 1988, Nadine Gordimer, The Essential Gesture, New York: Knopf, Chapter, pp. 195-6,
- […] great glossy-leaved mango trees ivied with pepper vines […]
- 1951, Sinclair Lewis, World So Wide, Chapter 4,