Jump to navigation Jump to search
jaggy or jagged + -ie (“diminutive”) + -s (“plural”)
Audio (UK) (file)
jaggies pl (plural only)
- (computer graphics, informal) Jagged artifacts in raster graphics, such as those caused by resizing a bitmap image without preserving its aspect ratio.
- 1999, Brent Heslop; David Angell; Rick Darnell, Microsoft Word 2000 Bible:
- The anti-alias option in image editors helps to eliminate the jaggies.
- 2007, Pulli et al, Mobile 3D Graphics: With OpenGL ES and M3G
- Edge antialiasing only works at the edges of primitives, but jaggies can happen also at intersections of polygons.