Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: jig saw
jigsaw (plural jigsaws)
- A power saw with fine teeth and a narrow blade which can cut curves in wood or metal.
- A jigsaw puzzle.
- Something that can be compared to a jigsaw puzzle.
- 2021 January 27, “Network News: Signalling work at New Street”, in RAIL, issue 923, page 14:
- A rolling programme of platform closures will enable Network Rail to replace 54-year-old signalling and (when complete in 2022) complete a jigsaw of upgrades that started in 2005.
- 2021 November 17, Andrew Mourant, “The Dartmoor Line through time”, in RAIL, number 944, page 43:
- The last piece of the jigsaw dropped into place in July with the stretch of line from Coleford Junction to Meldon Quarry being purchased by Network Rail from Aggregate Industries for a nominal sum.
A saw with fine teeth and a narrow blade
jigsaw puzzle — see jigsaw puzzle