Jump to navigation Jump to search
jurisdiction (plural jurisdictions)
- The power, right, or authority to interpret and apply the law.
- The power or right to exercise authority.
- The authority of a sovereign power to govern or legislate.
- The limits or territory within which authority may be exercised.
- 2013 June 22, “T time”, in The Economist, volume 407, number 8841, page 68:
- The ability to shift profits to low-tax countries by locating intellectual property in them […] is often assumed to be the preserve of high-tech companies. […] current tax rules make it easy for all sorts of firms to generate […] “stateless income”: profit subject to tax in a jurisdiction that is neither the location of the factors of production that generate the income nor where the parent firm is domiciled.