Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (idiomatic) persist or continue
- Keep on trucking!
- Mum, Jimmy keeps on poking me!
- 1900, Charles W. Chesnutt, The House Behind the Cedars, Chapter I,
- The young woman kept on down Front Street, Warwick maintaining his distance a few rods behind her.
- (idiomatic) To persist in talking about a subject to the annoyance of the listener.
- For goodness sake, will you stop keeping on about it!
- (idiomatic) To cause or allow to remain in an existing position.
- The new boss would like to keep on the present secretary.
persist or continue