Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Kwashiorkor
- (General American) IPA(key): /kwɑʃiˈɔɹkɚ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /kwɑːʃiˈɔːkə/
- Rhymes: -ɔː(ɹ)kə(ɹ)
- (pathology) A form of malnutrition, found in children, caused by dietary insufficiency of protein in combination with a high carbohydrate diet.
form of malnutrition
- ^ Rebecca Tortello, Pieces of the Past, “Dr. Cicely Williams: Jamaica’s Gift to the Field for Maternal and Child Health Care 1893–1992.”. Accessed 2014-10-08.
kwashiorkor m (uncountable)
- (pathology) kwashiorkor (malnutrition caused by protein deficiency)