- launcet (obsolete)
lancet (plural lancets)
- A sharp, pointed, two-edged surgical instrument used in venesection and for opening abscesses etc.
- (metallurgy) An iron bar used for tapping a melting furnace.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Knight to this entry?)
- (architecture) A high narrow window, terminating in an arch acutely pointed, often double or triple, common in the first half of the 13th century.
- (sharp surgical instrument): fleam
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
- To pierce with a lancet.
- Webster's International Dictionary 1902.