Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- launcet (obsolete)
lancet (plural lancets)
- A sharp, pointed, two-edged surgical instrument used in venesection and for opening abscesses etc.
- (metallurgy) An iron bar used for tapping a melting furnace.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Knight to this entry?)
- (sharp surgical instrument): fleam
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- To pierce with a lancet.
- Webster's International Dictionary 1902.