Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Lancet
- launcet (obsolete)
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /lɑːn.sɪt/
Audio (RP) (file)
- (US, Canada, Northern England) IPA(key): /læn.sɪt/
lancet (plural lancets)
- A sharp, pointed, two-edged surgical instrument used in venesection and for opening abscesses etc.
- A small, sterile single-use needle used to draw a drop of blood for testing, as with a glucometer.
- (metallurgy) An iron bar used for tapping a melting furnace.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Knight to this entry?)
- (architecture) A high narrow window, terminating in an arch acutely pointed, often double or triple, common in the first half of the 13th century.
- (sharp surgical instrument): fleam
- To pierce with a lancet.