Jump to navigation Jump to search
largesse (plural largesses)
- (uncountable) Generosity in the giving of gifts or money.
- The gifts or money given in such a way.
- 1846, Charles Dickens, Pictures from Italy, published 1913, page 264:
- The procession was brought to a close, by some dozen indomitable warriors of different nations, riding two and two, and haughtily surveying the tame population of Modena: among whom, however, they occasionally condescended to scatter largesse in the form of a few handbills.
- A benevolent demeanor.
generosity in the giving of gifts or money
the gifts or money given in such a way
largesse f (plural largesses)
- “largesse”, in Trésor de la langue française informatisé [Digitized Treasury of the French Language], 2012.