- Romanization of 𐌻𐌰𐌿𐌽𐌰
- Rhymes: -øyːna
- (transitive, governs the accusative) to recompense or reward for something
- (transitive, governs the dative) to recompense or reward somebody
- (ditransitive, governs the dative and accusative) to recompense or reward somebody for something
- (intransitive) to pay wages, to remunerate
Þetta er illa greitt starf.
- This is a badly paid job.
- (transitive, governs the dative) to pay someone wages, to remunerate somebody
This verb needs an inflection-table template.
- eiga fótum fjör að launa (from the Old Norse eiga fótum fjǫr at launa)
- illa launar akur ofsæði
- launa illt með góðu
- launa lambið gráa
- launa ljóshöldin
- indefinite genitive plural of laun