law of attraction
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (new age) The belief that thinking about something attracts it and causes it to manifest in one's life.
2006, Lisa Nichols, The Secret:
- The law of attraction is really obedience. When you think of the things that you want, and you focus on them with all of your intention, the law of attraction will give you what you want, every time.
2008 June 4, Verelli, Vinny, “I Got Your Secret Right Here”, in Vinny Vents, retrieved 2012-09-19:
- If you're falling out of an airplane, the law of gravity trumps the law of attraction.
2010 January 4, Okrant, Robyn, Living Oprah: My One-Year Experiment to Walk the Walk of the Queen of Talk, New York: Center Street, ISBN 9781599952390, OL 23678153M:
- She spoke with a woman who was so gung ho since learning about The Secret from watching an episode of Oprah that she was forgoing conventional medical advice about her cancer treatment. She'd decided to heal herself using the law of attraction.
- For more examples of usage of this term, see Citations:law of attraction.