- The quality of being liberal.
- (politics) Any political movement founded on the autonomy and personal freedom of the individual, progress and reform, and government by law with the consent of the governed.
- 2009 January 25, Timothy Garton Ash, “A Liberal Translation”, in New York Times:
- Whether some distant cousin really belongs to the extended family of liberalisms is a matter of healthy dispute.
- (economics) An economic ideology in favour of laissez faire and the free market (related to economic liberalism).
quality of being liberal
- liberalism; quality of being liberal; political movement based on personal freedom
Declension of liberalism