Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- The quality of being liberal.
- Any political movement founded on the autonomy and personal freedom of the individual, progress and reform, and government by law with the consent of the governed.
2009 January 25, Timothy Garton Ash, “A Liberal Translation”, in New York Times:
- Whether some distant cousin really belongs to the extended family of liberalisms is a matter of healthy dispute.
- An economic theory in favour of laissez faire and the free market.
the quality of being liberal
a political movement
an economic theory
- liberalism; quality of being liberal; political movement based on personal freedom
Declension of liberalism