Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
lifeline (plural lifelines)
- A line to which a drowning or falling victim may cling to.
- A means or route for transporting indispensable supplies.
- A source of salvation in a crisis.
- (engineering) System or structure of vital importance to a community.
- (nautical) On the deck of a boat, a line to which one can attach oneself to stay aboard on rough seas.
safety line on the deck of a boat
means of salvation in a crisis
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.