Jump to navigation Jump to search
liftgate (plural liftgates)
- (truck equipment) A hydraulic or electric platform that installs onto the rear of a vehicle and which may be raised or lowered in the loading/unloading of heavy cargo
- 2013 July 1, Sean Lyden, “Need a Lift? Remember to Spec the Right Liftgate”, in Work Truck Magazine, archived from the original on 25 May 2015:
- If the liftgate is for a dry van body, the body’s width — for example 96 or 102 inches — impacts the liftgate’s overall width and available platform sizes.
- (automotive) A closure at the rear of a vehicle, or rear door, that can be raised to access the back of a vehicle
- 2007 September 30, Christopher Jensen, “The Rerunning of the Bulls”, in New York Times:
- But Ford loaded that car up with options, including […] a power liftgate and heated second-row seats ($825).