Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: lipservice
Audio (AU) (file)
- (idiomatic) Promising but empty talk; words absent of real action or intention.
- 1995, Alanis Morissette (lyrics and music), “Head over Feet”, in Jagged Little Pill:
- Your love is thick, and it swallowed me whole / You're so much braver than I gave you credit for / That's not lip service
- The candidate gave lip service to fixing the problems, but it is doubtful that he will do much.
- (slang, vulgar) Cunnilingus, the act of using the mouth and tongue to stimulate the female genitals, especially the clitoris and labia. (Sometimes also referred to as giving lip.)
- Jack gave Samantha lip service.
Empty talk; words absent of action or intention
cunnilingus — see cunnilingus