Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- literatuer (obsolete)
- (Midwestern US English)
- The body of all written works.
- The collected creative writing of a nation, people, group, or culture.
- All the papers, treatises, etc. published in academic journals on a particular subject.
- Written fiction of a high standard.
- However, even "literary" science fiction rarely qualifies as literature, because it treats characters as sets of traits rather than as fully realized human beings with unique life stories. - Adam Cadre, 2008
- See also Wikisaurus:literature
body of all written works
the collected creative writing of a nation, people, group or culture
all the papers, treatises etc. published in academic journals on a particular subject
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked