Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Gen) IPA(key): /ˌloʊkəˈmoʊtiv/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˌləʊkəʊˈməʊtiv/
Audio (US) (file)
locomotive (plural locomotives)
- (rail transport) The power unit of a train that pulls the coaches or wagons.
- (rare) A traction engine.
- (slang) A cheer characterized by a slow beginning and a progressive increase in speed.
- (archaic) Any of various early road vehicles, steam-powered, etc., forerunners of the modern car.
- (economics) A country which drives the world economy by having a high level of imports, such as the United States.
self-propelled vehicle that runs on rails
- Of or relating to locomotion.
- Of or relating to the power unit of a train which does not carry passengers or freight itself.
relating to locomotion
locomotive f (plural locomotives)
- “locomotive”, in Trésor de la langue française informatisé [Digitized Treasury of the French Language], 2012.
- plural of