Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: look ahead
Audio (UK) (file)
- (computing, software compilation) The analysis in advance of subsequent decisions that would be made if a particular branch of an algorithm was followed.
- Our computer chess program uses lookahead to avoid difficult endgames.
- (regular expressions) The analysis of the subsequent characters before the regular expression is matched.
- (regular expressions): lookaround
- (regular expressions): negative lookahead ("?!" operator): a failed lookahead attempt
- (regular expressions): positive lookahead ("?=" operator): a successful lookahead attempt