Jump to navigation Jump to search
- In a loose manner.
- Not tightly.
- Insert all the bolts loosely, then tighten them.
- Synonyms: see Thesaurus:approximately
- It's red, to use the term loosely, sort of brown and sort of orange, let's call it reddish.
- 2017 January 19, Peter Bradshaw, “T2 Trainspotting review – choose a sequel that doesn't disappoint”, in the Guardian:
- It is loosely adapted by John Hodge from Irvine Welsh’s novel Porno which imagined them coming together again 10 years on; this of course is 20.
- Used to indicate an imprecise use of words; short for loosely speaking
- A whale is, loosely, maybe very loosely, a fish.
- (not tightly): tightly
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.