- (transitive) To move, arrange or operate something using the hands
- (transitive) To influence, manage, direct, control or tamper with something
- (transitive, medicine) To handle and move a body part, either as an examination or for a therapeutic purpose
- (transitive) To influence or control someone in order to achieve a specific purpose, especially one that is unknown to the one being manipulated and beneficial to the manipulator; to use
- (intransitive, dated) To use the hands, especially in scientific experiments.
move with the hands
influence or manage
handle and move a body part
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked
- present adverbial passive participle of manipuli