Jump to navigation Jump to search
maquette (plural maquettes)
- A preliminary model or sketch used in preparation for making a sculpture.
- 1993, Will Self, My Idea of Fun:
- His presence would be an affront to my body; so, for it, there would be the rare delight of extinguishing an imperfect and distressed version of itself, a prototype, a maquette.
- 2009, Joe Fig, Inside the Painter's Studio (page 51)
- And I thought, if I can imagine this place in real life, I can build it in the studio and then paint from the maquette as if it were a real landscape. In terms of process this was a breakthrough for me […]
A preliminary model or sketch
maquette f (plural maquettes)
- → Catalan: maqueta
- → English: maquette
- → German: Maquette, Makette
- → Greek: μακέτα (makéta)
- → Portuguese: maquete, maqueta
- → Romanian: machetă