Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (archaic) Bound to a master
- 1841, John Fenn, Paston Letters, page 42:
- I will not make me masterfast with my Lord of Norfolk nor with none other till I speak with you; and ye think it be to be done get me a master.
- 2016, Steven J. Gunn, Henry VII's New Men and the Making of Tudor England, page 175:
- Two gentlemen claimed they could get no justice at the Northampton assizes against Empson's steward John Seyton, who was 'greatly masterfast and friended in the said court' through Empson's 'supportation and assurance', […]