- (obsolete) A commandment.
- (obsolete) The sacrament of the Lord's supper.
- (Christianity) The ceremony of washing the feet of poor persons or inferiors, performed as a religious rite on Maundy Thursday in commemoration of Christ's washing the disciples' feet at the Last Supper.
- (Christianity) The office appointed to be read during the religious ceremony of foot-washing.
- (foot-washing ceremony): nipter
commandment — see commandment
sacrament of the Lord's supper
ceremony of washing the feet of poor persons or inferiors
office to be read during the foot-washing ceremony
- maundy in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911