Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Mellon
- (rare, chemistry) A poorly characterized cyclic cyanide; [(CN)2NH]3, C6N4 or similar.
- 1857, William Allen Miller, Elements of Chemistry: Part III, Organic Chemistry, page 603:
- Mellon (C18N13; Liebig).— This anomalous compound was originally supposed by Liebig to contain C6N4, but he has recently repeated and varied his experiments upon it, and has altered its formula as above.
- 1916, Victor von Richter, Organic chemistry, volume I, Chemistry of the Aliphatic Series, page 473:
- It sublimes on heating and decomposes into mellon and NH3.