Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: mémento
- A keepsake; an object kept as a reminder of a place or event.
- I kept the shell as a memento of my visit to the seashore.
- 2011 December 16, Denis Campbell, “Hospital staff 'lack skills to cope with dementia patients'”, in Guardian:
- Many hospitals have not taken simple steps to lessen the distress and confusion which dementia sufferers' often feel on being somewhere so unfamiliar – such as making signs large and easy to read, using colour schemes to help patients find their way around unfamiliar wards and not putting family mementoes such as photographs nearby.
- The spelling momento is so common that some references now no longer consider it a misspelling.
memento m (plural mementi)
- memento in Treccani.it – Vocabolario Treccani on line, Istituto dell'Enciclopedia Italiana
- memento in Charles du Fresne du Cange’s Glossarium Mediæ et Infimæ Latinitatis (augmented edition, 1883–1887)
memento m (Cyrillic spelling мементо)
memento m (plural mementos)