Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- The timber of any of various trees of the genus Shorea.
2007 August 19, Jay Romano, “Decks: Real Wood or a Look-Alike?”, in New York Times:
- Homeowners can also use cedar, at $1.50 to $3 or more per foot, or exotic hardwoods like meranti from Southeast Asia or ipê from Brazil at about $3 a foot.
the timber of any of various trees of the genus Shorea
- meranti on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- Shorea on Wikispecies.Wikispecies
- Shorea on Wikimedia Commons.Wikimedia Commons
meranti m (uncountable)