- (of a moth or insect, intransitive) to undergo metamorphosis.
- (transitive) To transform (something) so that it has a completely different appearance.
to transform (something) so that it has a completely different appearance
- metamorphose in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- metamorphose in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- “metamorphose” at OneLook Dictionary Search
metamorphose f (plural metamorphoses)
- Obsolete spelling of (used in Portugal until September 1911 and died out in Brazil during the 1920s).