Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (of a moth or insect) to undergo metamorphosis
- to transform (something) into a completely different appearance
- metamorphose in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- metamorphose in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- metamorphose at OneLook Dictionary Search
metamorphose f (plural metamorphoses)
- Obsolete spelling of (used in Portugal until September 1911 and died out in Brazil during the 1920s).