Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Midway
midway (plural midways)
- The middle; the midst.
- A middle way or manner; a mean or middle course between extremes.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Shakespeare to this entry?)
- Paths indirect, or in the midway faint.
- (US) The part of a fair or circus where rides, entertainments, and booths are concentrated.
- (US) The widest aisle in the middle of an industrial complex (such as railroad shops or a coach yard) along which various buildings are aligned
middle way or manner
widest aisle in the middle of an industrial complex
- Being in the middle of the way or distance; middle.
midway (not comparable)
- Halfway; equidistant from either end point; in the middle between two points
2011 October 1, Phil Dawkes, “Sunderland 2 - 2 West Brom”, in BBC Sport:
- It shell-shocked the home crowd, who quickly demanded a response, which came midway through the half and in emphatic fashion.
halfway — see halfway