Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- A loyal servant of another, usually a more powerful being.
- The archvillain deployed his minions to simultaneously rob every bank in the city.
- A sycophantic follower.
- (obsolete) A loved one; one highly esteemed and favoured.
- God's disciple and his dearest minion
- William Shakespeare, Timon of Athens, IV-III
- Is this the Athenian minion whom the world / Voiced so regardfully?
- (obsolete) An ancient form of ordnance with a calibre of about three inches.
- (uncountable, typography, printing) The size of type between nonpareil and brevier, standardized as 7-point.
- Obsolete form of minimum.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Burton to this entry?)
- (type size): minionette
loyal servant of another more powerful being
A sycophantic follower
- (obsolete) Favoured, beloved; "pet".
- (cardinal) million