Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
ministry (plural ministries)
- Government department, at the administrative level normally headed by a minister (or equivalent rank, e.g. secretary of state), who holds it as portfolio, especially in a constitutional monarchy, but also as a polity
- She works for the ministry of finance.
- The complete body of government ministers (whether or not they are in cabinet) under the leadership of a head of government (such as a prime minister)
- The premier offered his last ministry's resignation to the monarch, and is asked the form a new one in accordance with the election results
- A ministration
- The active practice and education of the minister of a particular religion or faith.
- (Christianity) The clergy of nonapostolic Protestant churches.
- (Christianity) Work of a spiritual or charitable nature.
- the present ministry of the Holy Spirit
complete body of government ministers
ministration — see ministration
practice and education of the minister of a particular religion
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked